Camestone School is a spacious, well-maintained school situated in the town of Kempston which is approximately 3 miles South West of Bedford. Kempston is a small friendly town with good amenities.
Camestone School is a happy, lively place where everyone is expected to work hard, try their best and achieve their full potential. We believe in a strong relationship between home and school and that working together with families is the best way to ensure success for the children. Many of our families maintain close links with the school and indeed quite a number of our parents are former Camestone pupils.
Camestone pupils have a very positive attitude to their work and demonstrate high levels of concentration and determination when completing activities. They show high levels of collaboration, courtesy and co-operation in and out of lessons. They are well trained in self-assessment and peer-assessment and are very keen to improve their work.
Our Ofsted report in July 2013 states:
• Camestone is a ‘Good’ school.
• Pupils make good progress during their time at school and attain above-average standards in English and Mathematics.
• Pupils behave well. They feel very safe, are polite, attend regularly and enjoy school.
• There is good provision for pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
• The headteacher, senior leaders and governors are providing good leadership which has led to the better rates of pupil progress.
• Parents and carers speak highly of the work of the school and are very pleased with the support for their children.
In the summer 2015 parental questionnaire, 97% of parents stated that school staff support their child to achieve a good standard of work and 97% of parents said their child is happy at school.